BOM banner

Friday, February 10, 2012

Ann's Moving Day

This day has totally not gone as planned.  Ann has been so stressed.  We got the truck and cars loaded up this morning and drove over to the apartment complex.  They told her that the apartment wasn't ready.  They told her to come back about 3:00.  The carpets had not been cleaned.

We went back at 3:00 and he had just gotten there.  He told her they needed at least a couple of hours to dry.  She has a light beige color carpet.  We decided to regroup at 6:00.  Trevor and his cousin had taken time off specifically to help her.  She was not a happy camper!

We went back at 6:00 and the carpet was still damp.  She said she couldn't wait.  She decided that she would just reclean it later.  Trevor's mom has a cleaner that she could borrow. 

We started trucking stuff in.  Mom had decided to stay home on this trip.  It was Ann, Trevor, Zach, CJ and I.  Of course she lives on the 3rd floor.  I like that for safety reasons.  For moving not so much.  Trevor, Zach and CJ moved the couch up the three flights of stairs.  I was worried about CJ.  Other than the couch he was carting up some heavy boxes.  I forget sometimes that the boys are growing up.  He just kept rolling his eyes and telling me that he was fine.  It is so hard to let go sometimes. 

Her apartment is really cute.  It is pretty good size for a one bedroom.  It is really clean and new looking.  I loved it.  Glad I got to see it, so I can picture her in it now.

We got the truck and cars unloaded.  She went and got pizza about 9:30 and we ate while we started unpacking some stuff.  We got her bed made and dishes and pots and pans unpacked.  We will get the rest of the stuff tomorrow and move the food stuff in.

I tried to take pictures of Ann's apartment with my camera, but it was erroring out for some reason.  Now that makes me a very unhappy camper.  It is expensive and I have no idea why it isn't working.  It worked last time I used it. 

No comments: