Nathan is taking CTE. I'm not sure what that stands for, but it is basically a life skills class. Right before we went to Virginia he came home and said that he needed some material. They were doing several sewing projects in class. We had a major miscommunication. I thought he needed it for the Monday that we were coming back, and it was for that week. He didn't have what he needed so he couldn't do it. I emailed his teacher and she said we could do it at home. Tonight we did the first of his two projects, a body pillow.
I showed him how to pin it, how to reverse on my machine, and how much of an opening to leave for the stuffing and he did the rest. It was way too big to put back on the machine to close it and so I showed him how to sew it closed. He did a really good job.
He was really excited. He chose an African animal print, to go with the theme in his room.
I finished that childs hat I was working on. I think it turned out really cute. I just can't decide if I want to do the scarf, mittens or both.
Chris and I had a scout training meeting tonight. We had to leave at 6:00, 15 minutes after I got home. I changed and we went out the door with no dinner. It lasted until 9. It was really good, but we were both starving. Chris went to bed anyway, and I ate some string cheese. Just too late to eat something big.
2 comments:
Way to go, Nathan!
Well at least one of your kids can keep the sewing tradition going. :D
Post a Comment