We are starting to see the signs of Spring around town. The first one is that all of us have had our allergies kick in this week :> Everything is turning green and the apricot trees are in bloom. Chris worked on the yard yesterday while I went grocery shopping. He weeded, made a bed for the roses and cut the grass. He went to the nursury and got a couple more rose bushes and planted those too. Next project is the big planter.
Chris is such a romantic guy. I love that about him. From the beginning, when we got married, he has always given me a combination of yellow and red roses. He knows that my favorite color is yellow, but red is for true love. When I came home from shopping he had planted a yellow and a red rose bush by the door. Yellow for my favorite color, red for true love and the fact that they are side by side means that he will love me forever. Doesn't that just make your heart melt??? What a guy!
Wednesday I went out and we had a couple of daffodills that had bloomed. I love daffodills. They remind me of spring and my mission. All the shops used to carry fresh daffodills in the spring. 
Last year I had one tulip come up by the driveway. I was really excited about that. I was hoping this year it would have increased. It looks like it has. It has 7 bulbs on it this year! There are also a couple new ones next to it. There were also 3 or 4 in the big planter that have buds on them.
I came out this morning for church and one of them had bloomed. Last year's was a creamy white with a dark yellow center. This one is a pinky/red color.

We have some flowers that bloomed about this time last year. I am assuming that they are bulbs also, I just don't know what they are. They are a really pretty purple/blue flower that is on a stalk. They are all along the driveway. I would really like to know what they are. I want to find out this year. I love the variety of flowers, and Spring.
1 comment:
You know yellow roses are also symbolic of friendship... So he's in love with you and your friendship! :)
Post a Comment