BOM banner

Friday, June 8, 2012

Running Away

I have been planning this trip for over a month and it is finally here.  A couple of days ago mom decided to come with me.  She decided she needed to run away too.  I couldn't have been more happy.  She and I both flew up to SLC, Utah and met in the airport.  She came in about 20 minutes after I did.  Neither of us had problems with our flight which was great.

We picked up our rental car, and then went to a resturant and ate breakfast.  We were both starving.  We sat and planned a little bit of what we wanted to do.  Okay, I admit it.  It was more my planning and mom being a good sport about it. 

Our first stop was the LDS Church Museum.  The exhibit was the entries for the annual art contest.  The theme this year was "Make Known His Marvelous Works".  It was a wonderful exhibit.  I was especially stricken with the quilts that had been entered.  I took pictures of all of them.  They were amazing.  I doubt I will ever be close to that good, but I can appreciate the talent.

 This was the first one we saw.  It was supposed to represent the pearly gates of heaven.
 Stunning!  This was Antelope Canyon.
 This was dedicated to the temple obviously.  I really liked the way she took different elements and incorporated them into the blocks.  This one had most of the stitching in gold thread. Having worked with it before. I can tell you that it is very, very picky. It is hard to work with.
                             This was probably the most simple of all of them, but I really liked it.  It was the way the Lord and Church have communicated with us through the years.
 This one blew me away.  The grape and leaf border was done in batik which was beautiful.  The stitching on this one was also all done in gold thread.  
                        
 This one of course is of a pioneer woman.  A little more impressionistic, but lovely colors.
 This were the Young Women Values.
I think that this one was different parts of family and church. 

No comments: