BOM banner

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Knee Injury

Needless to say when I went to work tonight at Cracker Barrell I had know idea I would end up at the hospital.  Went in as usual, and began my shift. 

I had a recook on some fries and went walking into the kitchen about 45 min later.  When I hit the vestibule, one of the other servers was putting an order into the micro.  She thought that she could scoot around behind me as I passed.  She had a foot out at an angle and pivoted and she tripped me.  I went down on the tile floor onto my bad knee.

I just laid there for a couple of minutes and couldn't move.  My knee hurt so bad I was pounding the floor with my fist trying not to cry.  They asked me if I was okay and I said no.  I couldn't move.  I knew immediately I had done something bad to it.  Finally after about 15 minutes of laying across the server aisle (yes, I felt like a spectacle) I thought I could get up.  They got a chair for me and we iced my knee as soon as we could.  I could feel it swelling. 

Margie filled out an accident report and called Chris, and Nathan.  No one was answering their phone.  I didn't have mine with me.  One of the servers was due off and she said she would give me a ride home if they didn't come for me.  That is what happened.  When we pulled up at the house they were just coming out the door for me.

Chris took Nathan to get my car while I called the doctor that the worker's comp used.  They had two.  One was a wrong number and one was a fax number.  I called Rob and he said to just go to Instacare.

Chris took me over when he came home.  This was about 7:30.  They took an x-ray and the doctor said that he couldn't see anything broken.  He thought that I might have torn my meniscus, but he wasn't sure.  I was in so much pain he couldn't do much of an exam.  He put me in an immobility brace and refered me to a orthopedist. 

We spent over an hour trying to get a urine sample before I could go home.  I found out I can't pee on demand.  Even if I have been drinking all night.  She finally made due with the amount I gave her since they had closed down waiting for me.

No comments: