BOM banner

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Washington County Fair

I got ambitious this year and had 5 entries for the fair.  I entered two in the photography section and 3 in the handarts section.  Part of the fun is seeing your ribbons along with everyone else.  I was really excited.  This year I got my first Judge's Choice on one of my photographs of a Black Swallowtail Caterpiller.
The other photograph was of a Monarch.

In the handwork division I had my first quilt, a knitted lace shawl and a queen size crochet afghan.  They all got firsts.
 I was a little sad when I found my shawl.  I put a lot of hours into that thing.  If I ever do anything like it again I will take something to display it on so you can see the work.
 This is the afghan for my guest room that I have been working on for the last year.  I can't wait to put it on the bed.


No comments: