This is going to be a quick post, because I should have been in bed an hour ago. We finally have Ann home. She had a bit of an adventure. There are only two stations that fly into St. George. Salt Lake and Los Angeles. Salt Lake had a bad storm Friday night, and I knew that it was going to be a mess. So she flew into LAX about 1:30. From the time she got on her plane to when she landed the connecting flight filled up. She couln't get on her connecting flight home. They rolled her over to come in on the last flight in, but that was at 9pm. That flight was pretty open, but if she didn't make it she was going to spend the night in the LAX airport. Not a happy thought!
Chris suggested flying her into Vegas. All the flights were oversold, and there was only one that would work. I went ahead and listed her anyway. A friend told me that a lot of times if a flight is oversold, people won't show up thinking that they are not getting on. We said a lot of prayers and she made it. The customer service agent said that she was really lucky. That was one of the last flights out of LAX that was available. As soon as she got her boarding pass she called us and we grabbed coats and were out the door. Her flight was only 44 minutes. She had to wait about an hour for us to get to her. She met us out at passenger pick up.
One of the first things she said, was that she was freezing. I told her it had been snowing! She was also amazed that both of the boys were taller in a couple of months. A couple of quick hugs and we were on our way home. We walked in the door about 12:30am. It was worth it though. Now we have to get her back at the end of vacation.
One of the first things she said, was that she was freezing. I told her it had been snowing! She was also amazed that both of the boys were taller in a couple of months. A couple of quick hugs and we were on our way home. We walked in the door about 12:30am. It was worth it though. Now we have to get her back at the end of vacation.
Chris gave Shadow a bath in preparation for Ann coming home. He hates having them. Of course he shed enough for 3 dogs. Chris finally just gave up trying to get all of the hair off of him and we dried him off. I thought dogs were supposed to put on a winter coat, not get rid of one.
Afterwards he shivered for an hour. Maybe that is why he hates them. I can't stand seeing him that cold, so I always put a blanket on him. He looks like a pampered puppy. It took him a few minutes to realize who Ann was, and then he was all over her. (The reason for the bath) He couldn't believe she was home.
1 comment:
I'm glad she is home with you for Christmas!
Post a Comment