BOM banner

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

Today was such a quiet and relaxing day. I loved it. We just spent time together as a family. Of course Santa brought what the kids really wanted. Ann got a new digital camera and the boys both got MP3 players. Ann loved her camera and started taking pictures right away. I can now reveal what one of my big projects was. I made a lace shawl for Ann. It took me about 60 hours. Everyone said that they hoped she like it. I said if she didn't I would just kill her. I didn't need to worry. I hope to have a picture up later this week with her modeling it. I made it in her favorite colors. It took me about 60 hours.She also got new shoes, jewelry, nail polish, (from grandparents) a book and a picture of the San Diego Temple from us.

The boys got ties, hoodies, watches, pj's and flannel sheets for their beds. I finally made the pillows to match their bedroom sets I made last year. They loved those. They also both got reading lights. They will need them since G & G Weidman got them $25 gift cards for Barnes and Noble. Chris and I have 3 book worms for kids. I love the fact that all of my children are good readers and love it.

Chris made the main portion of breakfast. We tried out a new crockpot breakfast casserole. He got up at 3am to turn it on. It was a lot better in conception than reality. We all ate it, but decided we wouldn't want to make it again. It was basically cinnamon raisin french toast and sausage.

Most of the day we all just kind of lounged around. Ann read her camera book and others and played with her camera, the boys listened to music and read, Chris read a new graphic novel he got and I worked on a knitting project. We all stayed in PJ's until about 2:00 when everyone had to get dressed for dinner. (How mean am I? I didn't make them pick up the living room though.)

Shadow felt he got the best present of all though. He got a bone to chew on all week.

No comments: