BOM banner

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve 2008

We had a quiet New Year's Eve celebration. We ate dinner, watched a couple of movies had crackers and dip and went to bed.

I can't believe that the year is over. It seems like it just got started. Time sure seems to be going faster. When I was a kid it seemed to crawl. The older I get the faster it goes. Even the boys say that they think it is going fast. I guess that is a sign of the last days.

We have had a good year, even though we have had some challenges. We have seen a lot of changes. We moved to a new home, mom went on a mission, Ann moved to Arizona to finish her senior year, and Kelli and Scott got custody of Logan and Victoria.

Nationally, we saw gas prices soar to $4.19 a gallon here in town and back down to $1.49 the lowest in 5 years. Then there is the election of the first black president Barak Obama, and the national home mortgage fiasco. We have seen the glimpses of the last days this year I think.

I think individually and as a family we have learned more about independence and reliance on the Lord, the power of prayer and that we can always turn to our Heavenly Father for comfort and peace.

I pray that this new year brings all of you progress towards your goals personally and as a family. We love our family, and are grateful to them for their love and support in all we do.

Happy New Year 2009

P.S. You may not be able to tell, but I have retro posted about 5 things for this last week. Make sure and not miss anything.

No comments: