BOM banner

Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Plants

I have been working all week on getting things ready for the garden. I finally have bought the last of it. I have all of my actual plants I am putting in, I have my seeds for the year, got all the bags for the new soil mixture to refill the old ones and for the new ones, and finally have all of the things I need for the new raised beds for the strawberries. There is a lot of prep work for a garden!

I got a surprise this morning when I went out. My 7 tulips had bloomed. They are gorgeous. They look white, but when you get close they have some yellow too.

I have been doing odds and ends today. I am working 10's this week so I could have an extra day. Laundry, deep cleaned my kitchen, and planted my pots out front with Johnnies. They look a little limp right now, but that won't be for long. I love them. They are so cute. I love the color combinations too.
I also decided this year to bring my herb pot in to stay. It was just too hot out on the deck last year. Of course, it didn't have anything to do with me forgetting to water it out there. I replanted all of it too. I have basil, thyme, parlsey, cilantro, dill, chives and oregano. I love fresh herbs.

The rest of the afternoon I worked on getting my strawberry beds ready to go. More about that tomorrow. That is a story itself.

No comments: