
The garden is doing well, even the tomatoes. I have had to plant them three times. I think the third time is the charm though. The first time they died it was my fault. I pulled a newbie mistake and didn't harden them off after they had been inside for a week. The second time, I think a cut worm got them. I treated the soil and now they seem to be healthy and growing along with everything else. We will see how the season goes. I decided to try an experiment and planted some corn plants. I bought a six pack of white corn and a six pack of yellow. I had about 3 extra in each one. I hope it works. We love corn.
The strawberries are also doing well. They look great. They are not growing alot, but I think they are getting a good root system going.
I've got to get the frames for the boxes made this year. I bought the stuff last year and never got around to making them. Once I have the frames up I can put up shade cloth for the mid summer sun and heat. I will also use them this winter to make greenhouses for the cold temp vegetables that I am going to plant in November and winter over.
No comments:
Post a Comment