BOM banner

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our Anniversary

Chris and I are celebrating our 22nd anniversary this year. It is hard to believe it has been that long, although the time has gone really fast.

We actually went out to dinner Friday night. Since I had to work at Cracker Barrell this weekend. Chris made reservations down in Mesquite at the CasaBlanca. They have a great upscale resturant, Katherine's, that is nice for anniversaries. We went down there for our 18th also. Chris didn't remember. I thought I had pictures. We had to laugh. The pictures show us eating almost the exact thing that we had Friday night. Not predictable are we! LOL
We started out with smoothies. I had pina colada and Chris had a strawberry. Then came French onion soup. Chris wanted to do an appetizer but they were mainly seafood, which you know he won't go near. I talked him into getting the spinach salad. They said that they do a tableside presentation. We were not sure what that entailed. We just knew that the bacon dressing was going to be warm. Chris likes iceberg and romaine. He says that everything else is just "leaves". They came to the table and made the dressing for the salad on a braizier. Olive oil, garlic, bacon, brandy which they cooked off, red wine vinegar and hard boiled eggs.She served us. Chris took one tentative bite and loved it. He told me that he could eat spinach salad like that anytime. I had to take a picture of this first!
Just as we were finishing our salads our entrees came. Chris had a steak, onion strings and garlic mashed potatoes. I had salmon with tarragon butter, tiny julienned veggies and asparagus. Everything was cooked to perfection. By the time we were done I was stuffed, but Chris enjoyed a piece of cheesecake.
It was nice to get away and talk about the last 22 years. This year, has been a big one for us with Ann leaving the nest. The next couple will see the boys going into high school and changing. We are still planning on spending a week in Ireland for our 25th. The savings account is gradually getting bigger!
Thanks for 22 great years, sweetheart. I love you!





No comments: