Chris and I spent another Saturday morning doing yard work. We went back to the nursery and got some flowers for the front flower bed and pots by the door. I usually put Johnny Jump Ups in, but this year I put Impatients. The Johnnies have reseeded before. Maybe I will end up with both.
We also picked up some more strawberries. I built a three tier bed last year and only put in the top two. We filled in the bottom tier. I didn't bed my strawberries last year. I have been afraid that I killed them. I asked at the nursery and they said they should be fine. I haven't seen any green on them yet, but I think I will give them at least another month to warm up and come alive. The front flower beds are coming alive with bulbs. The daffodils were first. I planted about a dozen last year. They were an assorted pack. The ones by the sidewalk are all white with a yellow cup. The ones by the driveway are all yellow. What are the changes of that??
The tulips started coming up last week. I love the color of these three. I also have an all yellow one and the one that blossomed today was all red. There are a bunch of white ones by the driveway. The Hyacinth should be blooming here in a couple of weeks. I also put in a couple dozen gladiolas. I don't know when they bloom. I love the burst of color for Spring!
We planted rosemary last year. One of our neighbor's down the street has it on their retaining wall. It drapes over and looks really nice. Ours is in blossom and I think it is beautiful. We didn't realize that it would get such lovely purple flowers. I am in love with them. What a bonus!
No comments:
Post a Comment