BOM banner

Friday, May 14, 2010

Garden Progress

I just thought I would share a few pictures from the garden. As you can see these are the tomatoes. They are getting pretty large considering it is the beginning of May. They are loaded with blossoms, and I have quite a few tomaotes that have set all ready. I planted bush beans this year. The plants are not very large yet, but they are also loaded.
Here are the peas. I have not checked on them for a couple of days. Chris has been doing most of the watering lately. I was amazed tonight to see how many blossoms there were. This is the first year that they have done so well. Last year I got a handful. Hopefully, this year will be better. They seem to be thriving. I am so glad we moved the boxes from the middle of the yard.
Here are the peppers. I planted two bell, one chocolate, one poblano and a serrano. The serrano is the one in back that is the smallest. They are all ready to the top of the buckets and I think that I will get quite a few peppers this year. I think they have done much better in the buckets this year. They are protected from all the wind that we get.
Here are two of the three buckets of potatoes. They are going to town. I have never grown them before, so it is kind of exciting. I can't wait to see what we get!

No comments: