BOM banner

Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day

Nathan woke me up this morning with a wonderful breakfast in bed. What a good kid! Scrambled eggs w/Swiss cheese, bacon, strawberry yogurt, blueberry muffin, and sliced fruit. It was all really good and I was stuffed. It is nice when your kids get old enough that the food is good, besides the loving thought! Went to church and our Primary Presidency was released today. I guess it was time. The President and I have been in for 2 1/2 years. It will be nice to go to Relief Society for a while. We will see how long it lasts :p

This is a close up of one of the roses in the front yard. They are so pretty and smell amazing. The roses are doing much better than they did last year.I got fresh corn in the basket yesterday and the day was beautiful. I decided I was in the mood for my first BBQ this year. I did grilled BBQ chicken tenders, corn on the cob and faux taytoe salad. It was soooo yummy. The corn was amazing. It was the best we have had for several years.

For Mother's Day I got the book "A Remarkable Soul of a Woman" by Elder Uchtdorf. I can't wait to read it. I've heard it is really good.


At conference time I saw a 1/2 show on Truman Madsen's "The Eternal Christ". It was the last project he did before his death. It looked so good I told Chris then that I wanted it for Mother's Day. I though it was just 1 disk. When I opened it up it was 4. These are lectures that he gives about the life of Christ. He does all of them in the Holy Land. I can't wait to start them. Chris and I are going to use them for FHE for the next couple of months or however long to watch them all.

The boys got out of their church clothes too fast today, and so I didn't get a picture. I will take one next week and put it on.

No comments: