Since I have just gotten into photography recently I had to try my hand at this event. I went to one of the local welding company and got a lens to go over my camera. I found some instructions online for making a cover with rubber bands. I didn't want to take the chance of ruining my camera.
I went out about 4:00 and set up on the red hill above town. As you can see a few people had the same idea. There was a young couple from Vegas that were sitting close to me and took this picture for me. They also ended up saving my bacon. Although I took extra rubber bands, all but one of them broke about half way through. I wanted to cry. The guy next to me took off his over shirt and we put it around my lens and tied it on. It kept the lens on and the light out of the sides. Thanks so much for the kindness of strangers. You can never be too prepared.
It was an amazing experience that I will always remember. I may get better pictures in the future as I get better and have more opportunity. But, there is only one first time. Here are my results. The orange one is the original picture. That hue came from the lens I used.
I also wanted to do a black and white version.
There was one newbie lesson from basic science that I forgot. The moon and sun are in an orbit. I forgot to check periodically the position of the sun in my viewfinder. Consequently, I missed the last part of the ring since it was out of range. Stupid.



No comments:
Post a Comment