BOM banner

Friday, September 28, 2012

Surgery

Everything went well, but took a lot longer than I thought it would.  I was scheduled to go in at 1:00 and surgery at 2:30.  Chris and I went in and I got prepped.  In my gown, IV, history, writing on my knee, talking to anesthesiologist, and waiting.  A lot of waiting. 

Finally went in to surgery about 4:00.   I told Chris to go home and I would have them call him when I came out of recovery 1.  Since we only live 5 min from the hospital I thought there was no reason for him not to be comfortable while he could be. 

I never saw the doctor.  He was running late and had one after me.  He probably went home and crashed.  I'm not sure what he ended up doing.

They gave me a fat lip on the left.  Probably from the tube.  Didn't have a whole lot of pain.   I came out really nauseous though.  Yuck!  I'd rather be sick. 

We were home by about 7pm.  In the picture I'm trying to call the pharmacy to get my pain pills.  That is a story in itself. 

The nurse called them over and they kept telling us they didn't have it.  Finally they told us that it might be on the voice mail.  I called and asked them to check it.  I told them I just had surgery and it was pain pills.  I sent Chris over about 5 minutes before they closed and they said they got it, but didn't have time to fill it.  I was furious!  Chris told them that we would try and get it filled at Walgreens since they are open 24/7.

I called and asked the dr to call it in.  They never got it.  I guess he didn't get the message.  I finally took a huge dose of Ibuphrophen and went to sleep.  I was really surprised I slept all night and no pain. 

I called the doctor's office and had them call it in this morning.  Harmon's had shredded it when Chris told them we would go somewhere else.  I think we are going to change pharmacies. 

No comments: