BOM banner

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Worker's Comp

 I have heard a lot of horror stories about Worker's Comp and how hard they are to work with.  I have to say, that Cathy, my caseworker has been really on the ball.  I have had a harder time with the doctor's office. 

Friday, when I went in for my pre-op my paperwork to request the surgery from worker's comp still hadn't been filled out.  Casey said that he would do it.  They have to submit it for approval before I can do anything if I want this covered. 

I called Cathy, Tuesday morning and she still hadn't received anything.  I was so upset.  I called the doctor's office and they are changing to a new computer system.  They said that the paperwork still hadn't been filled out.  I explained that I had to get it in.  I was supposed to have surgery in two days and it had to get approved.  I have to schedule around our payroll schedule. 

I called the doctor's office again this morning.  Jackie, the girl that was supposed to get the request in said that she had just sent over the MRI.  She still hasn't got the paperwork.  She is hoping that the MRI will be enough to get it approved but she doubted it would get approval in less than a week.  I wanted to yell at her that it was their office's fault.  I didn't though.  I just thanked her for doing what she could.

I called Cathy to see if she had received it.  She said that she was just picking up the phone to call me.  They had approved it in less than an hour.  Thank you so much Heavenly Father for watching out for me!  I go in tomorrow.

No comments: