BOM banner

Monday, July 12, 2010

AZ Girls Vacation

My girls vacation was a lot of fun. I left Wed morning at 8:00 and drove straight through except for a restroom break. Sydnee at work had lent me her TomTom. Loved it! I think that is going on my Christmas list. It was nice as they had changed a few of the roads since I was down last time. I took my camera and didn't take it out once to take pictures. Very unlike me! So here you go...

Got into mom's about 1pm. Unpacked the car and visited for a while. Ann came over too since she didn't have to work. Kelli had had surgery last week and wasn't back to work yet. We spent the afternoon visiting with her, and then we went to Thomas and Jer's and vistited with them for several hours after dinner. It was good to spend time with them.

Thursday we spent most of the day at Kelli's just talking and laughing. Kasandra came over for a while. It was good just to talk to everyone. After dinner we went over to Trevor's grandmother's to meet her. That is who Ann is living with. She and mom have a lot in common. They are going to get together for a movie later on! She lost her husband a year after dad died. We were there for about an hour and Trevor, Tyler his twin, and his parents came. We said and visited with them for a couple of hours. His dad has worked in and around Kingman a lot. Really nice family. It's not hard to see why Trevor is the way he is. It is comforting to know that they are looking out for Ann too when we can't.

Friday, mom and I got up and met Ann halfway to her house. There is an olive mill/farm over by where Ann lives. We went over and took the tour and had gelato. They have about 3000 trees, with 5 varieties. It was really interesting. I bought a little olive wood crech for for my nativity collection.

After the olive mill we went over to the shopping center and the three of us went shopping at Stienmart and Kohl's. That was a lot of fun. We ate lunch there in the shopping center at Paradise Bakery. Evidently they are pretty popular. The food was good, and we got fresh chocolate chip cookies with our meal. My kind of place! We took Ann back home. She hadn't slept much the night before and then had to go to work later. We went over to Kelli's and hung out for the afternoon. While we were there her house was getting really hot. She thought that the air conditioner was going out. They had a call into a repairman. Mom told her if they needed to they could come over. They called about 8pm and asked if they could come over. The guy still hadn't come to fix it. We had a full house. Scott and Kelli took the bedroom, the kids on the couch and floor and I slept with mom.

We all got up and got dressed. Scott got a call about 7:30 and the air guy was at their house. He ran over to meet him there. Luckily only 5 minutes away. Kelli and the kids ate breakfast and then they went back home too. Mom and I finished getting ready and puttered around for a while. About 12:30 we went and picked Kelli up and took her out to lunch for her birthday Monday. She chose Texas Roadhouse. She and I couldn't decide which we wanted. Steak or ribs. I got steak, she got ribs and we split. It was a great choice. Neither one of us had had the ribs before and they were great! We all ate more than we should have but it was really good. Kelli hadn't been out of the house for a week and a half so it was also a good break for her.

Got up and left first thing Sunday morning. I was supposed to be at Aunt Ginny and Uncle Burt's for lunch at 2:30. They were going to invite Scott, Shelly and the girls over. I got there a little early and fell asleep in the car while waiting. Uncle Burt tapped on my window and scared me to death. I was helping to set the table for dinner and Ginny only had me put 3 plates on. I asked if Scott and Shelly weren't coming and Aunt Ginny had forgotten to ask them. Oh well. I called and they came over about 8 in the evening and we visited for a while. It was really good to see them. They had left the girls with grandma and had just scooted out. After they left we watched tv and then went to bed. Too tired to do any genealogy.

I got sick during the night and didn't get a whole lot of sleep. Got up later than I had planned as a result. Ate a little breakfast and then got in the car and came home. I had planned to go grocery shopping when I got home, but after a 4 hour drive and still not feeling well I just laid down for a nap.

We didn't have what you would call an "exciting" vacation, but it was just great to be able to see everyone and visit. I miss not being able to visit and shop with my mom, sister and Ann.

No comments: