BOM banner

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gas Leak

Today has been one of those days that was a mixed blessing. For the last week or so I have been smelling gas whenever I drove my car. It is summer, and I drive with my window down a lot. Have'nt thought to much about it. I filled up Saturday and when I drove home after work yesterday I had just over half a tank. That was when I knew something was up. I normally can go on a tank for three weeks.

I took it in to be looked at this morning. Keith, the mechanic, could smell it too, but couldn't see where it was coming from. He decided to put it up on the lift. As soon as the car started going up you could see a steady drip of gas coming from the car. Ahhhh!

I left it with him, to see what he could do while I was at work. He called me about 1:00 and said that the hose that goes into the gas tank was cracked. He had never seen one there. He tried to fix it, but it was just too bad. On my car you can't just replace the hose, it is an assembly. (of course?) $477 dollars later my car is fixed.

He told me when I picked it up that I was really lucky I hadn't blown up. With as bad as the leak was, sparks from an engine, or just the heat in Aug. I will just be grateful!

No comments: