BOM banner

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Momma Bear

The momma bear effect hasn't been used very often in my life, but this morning I was fed up.  The doctor's office was supposed to get Ann in for surgery and they still haven't called.  It has been almost a week.  Last night when I was talking to her I got the phone number for the doctor's office.  She said she had left a message, but they still hadn't gotten back to her.

I called this morning and talked to one of the receptionist and explained the problem.  Their scheduling nurse had a family emergency and has been out of the office.  I understand that.  Things like that happen, but there needs to be a plan in place for emergencies.  Ann is on Vicadin, she is still in so much pain she can't stand up, can't drive and can't work.  She needs to get in. 

About 20 minutes later the head nurse called me back.  She said she understood, but she couldn't give me any information.  Ann didn't have me on the list to release information to.  I didn't want information just action.  She said she would see what she could do.

Ann called me back about and hour after that.  She sounded in pain but happy.  She said the nurse called her and let her know that I had called and was not happy.  She was laughing.  She said that she had not put me on the list since I lived so far away.  I was fine with that.  I think that it really made her feel good that the mama bear came out even though she is 21.  It made her day.

No comments: