Nathan has gone through a phase the last couple of years of trying to have the longest hair that we would let him get away with. Admittedly, he has kept it neat and clean it was still really hard for his dad to let him do it. He would give both the boys military haircuts if he thought he could get away with it.
I took them both for a trim yesterday since they were shaggy. They both came out with really short cuts. I was surprised. Nathan said he was tired of having it long and in his eyes.
I tried to get a picture of CJ, but he refused. He hates the camera right now.
I am glad that this was a battle we chose not to fight. Even though we didn't really like the long hair, it was better to let them make the choice. I know that hair length doesn't seem like such a big deal. In the huge scheme of things it probably isn't. Our prophet has counseled us to be neat and clean. I was amazed at the difference in the countenance of each of my boys after their cuts. Another testimony that it is important to follow our prophet in the small things as well as the large.

No comments:
Post a Comment