Today has been such a long day. The flight to Chicago went without a hitch. Got to Chicago and changed gates. It looked a little close but we got on the plane to Norfolk. Once we were in our seats I put a blanket on me and went to sleep. I had been up all night and I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. Right as I was going out the pilot came on the intercom and said that there had been a slight delay and that he was trying to reroute us. I woke up right as we landed in Norfolk. We got off the plane and come to find out our flight was two hours late. We just missed the window of getting out in Chicago. There was a huge storm and they couldn't leave the tarmac. I felt really bad. Nicole had brought the baby to the airport. Mom and Dad Weidman had followed her in since she knew the back way. By this time it was 11:30 Virginia time. We were all starving. Dad Weidman took all of us to Golden Corral for lunch.
When we got to the house, the boys and I crashed for a while. When we got up CJ and Nathan played chess with grandpa. They love playing with him. He tutors them on their game, and they get one on one time.
I spent most of the evening on the phone with Ann. She got on the 6 am flight to Dulles, Washington. Then the same storm that delayed us got to her. They cancelled the Norfolk flight. Thank goodness for technology. She was texting her Aunt Vicki at the same time. Vicki only lives about half an hour from the airport. She and Paul went and picked her up. She is going to stay with them tonight and come in the car with them tomorrow. Thanks goodness for family too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment