Mom's birthday was Monday the 12th, but we both had to work, and so I went up Friday morning and came home Saturday afternoon. We had a lot of fun and packed in a lot.
I came in on the 7:40am flight. When I got in we went and ate breakfast and then went shopping for the boys. They needed long sleeve dress shirts and I wanted to get Nathan a coat. I couldn't find anything he liked at home. I found both at Kohl's.
We went back to Mom's apartment and spent some time on the computer. She showed me new Family Search and we did some genealogy. I can't wait to get on the new program. I didn't see a lot of it, but it is really cool.
We went over to the Joseph Smith building and she showed me where she was working and introduced me around. By that time, we were hungry and so we went to the Lion House Pantry for lunch. The Lion House was one of two of Brigham Young's homes in Salt Lake. The Beehive House was the other and it was right next door. We did a tour of the home. We went back to the Joseph Smith builing and saw a movie "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration". Then we went over to the north visitor's center by the temple and saw "The Testaments". That is about the appearance of the Savior to this world after his death. We bawled through both of them but they were great.
I had planned to take a lot of pictures, but didn't get all I wanted. My battery died on me and I hadn't taken my charger. (Note to self: Always take charger even if you don't think you are going to need it!) Several of the last pictures I got I would have liked to have zoomed in on. I couldn't do that though. When my battery is going I can't use my zoom for some reason.
After the movies we went home and ate dinner, watched a tv show and talked the rest of the evening. It was so nice to be able to spend time together.
We slept in a little Saturday morning. We ate a leisurely breakfast, showered and dressed. I had to be at the airport at 1pm. We stopped at a dollar store that mom thought might have yarn, but didn't. I did find some really nice lace for when I do baby gifts though.
This was the first time that I have flown that I haven't had to change my flights at the last minute to get on. It was really nice. I had no problem and even got home 10 minutes early.
I had to put a scrapbook page together with all of my pictures.


No comments:
Post a Comment