We had to be up to go to the airport at 4am. Yuck!
We had a bit of an issue with security in Norfolk. I don't know why they didn't catch it on the way there. We were going through and they stopped CJ and started going through his backpack. There was the end of an antenae in the bottom of his pack. He had picked it up one day and forgotten it was there. They took it out and put the pack through X-ray again. She started going through it again. He had forgotten that his boy scout knife was in there. He was so upset. He didn't realize it was in there. I didn't think to tell the boys to check. She asked us what we wanted to do. There was a big process to reclaim it since it couldn't go through. We told her to just throw it away. It was his first knife, which was a shame. She was not nice about it at all. I think that she could have shown a little more compassion. CJ was almost in tears by this time because he didn't realize they were in there and she was so mean. I would understand if it had been an adult, but come on. He is 12 years old.
We didn't have time to eat breakfast, and the plane was too expensive. We didn't have time to eat inbetween. By the time we got to Vegas we were starving. We stopped at Macaroni Grill and had to wait for about 20 mintues for them to open. Chris and the boys had been to one before, but I hadn't. It was really good. We got home about 1:00. Enough time to do laundry and get ready for a new week!
No comments:
Post a Comment