BOM banner

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Potato Pancakes

This morning we got up and Mom and Dad Weidman were making potato pancakes for us. The boys and I have never had them, but Chris grew up eating them. He was so excited. They are really big in Polish, Irish and Jewish families. (2 out of 3). Chris was in heaven. It really took him bacck to his childhood.
Chris eats his with cinnamon sugar, and applesauce on the side. The boys used syrup, and I went traditional with the sour cream. They have a little bit of an onion flavor to them. They were really good! Mom said that she used to make them from scratch, by making real mashed potatoes and so forth. Several years ago they found this great mix, and now they use that. I wonder if I can find something like that at home in the store? St. George is not a big ethnic food center.

No comments: