
Afterwards of course we had to have a family party. We had sandwiches, chips, salads and dessert. Mom, Kelli, and Thomas and Jer went in together and bought both of them a set of scriptures, covers and pencils to mark them with. They were so touched that they had their own. I got a temple recommend holder for Shelly and made her a packet bag for her clothes. For Megan I had a white bracelet made. It was out of seed pearls and crystals. I wanted something to remind them look forward to the next step, which is the temple. I wrote a poem for them, but forgot to buy the card to put it in. They just got it printed out on paper.
White Dress Days
There are a few days in our life
That we will dress in white
Days set apart from worldly strife
Our faces reflecting heavenly light.
It is time for the first
Enacting a symbol of our Elder Brother
Arising from the grave
Suddenly the sun has burst
Allowing us to see Father
All mankind he did save
As you step from the water
Again, pure you will be
Just as you came from Father
As a wee small baby.
Purity we must desire
Covenants upon us to take
Your heart is on fire
Wordly sin we forsake.
Daily we must repent
Seek his spirit and peace in trials
The reason our Savior was sent
Our return to see Father smile.
Next stop along this road?
To make our families forever
In The House of the Lord
Earthly bonds that will not be severed
Again dressed in white
Covenanting with Father
What a righteous eternal sight
The man you love across the alter
One day king and queen
Through all eternity.
They liked the poem, even though I thought it needed work! It has been a long time since I have written. I need to take more time for that. I miss it. Anyway, Megan really liked the bracelet. I told her on the day she is married in the temple that I will give her the necklace to go with it.
Later that afternoon we found out that Ashley has decided to be baptized on the 18th of September. I will send her a bracelet too, with the same promise of a necklace when she is married in the temple. I wish we could go down for her baptism too, but there is no way we can get off work again.
We left about 4:00. We hated to leave, but we had to get back. Chris had an appointment with the stake president and the boys had standard night. Trips to see family are always too short!
I am so grateful that these beautiful women in my family have embraced the gospel. I know that it will make a wonderful difference in their lives as they learn the gospel and put it into action. I know that our Heavenly Father is pleased with their choice. I can't wait to be in the temple with them when they are sealed as a family in a year. I am so grateful that Chris and I have been sealed in the temple and have the blessing of having our family sealed to us also. I am grateful for the knowledge of the gospel and the blessing I receive from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment