BOM banner

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

School Shopping and Blessings

We went school supply shopping tonight. Chris took the boys Saturday and got new clothes and underwear. It always takes longer than I think to get all of this stuff. They took turns driving the cart, and hanging on the end. Silly boys you would think they would be too old for this. I did some regular shopping too, and they were bored. Oh well...

When we got home they took their stuff to their room and then came upstairs for their school blessings. This has been a tradition since Ann started school. Chris gives them a Father's blessing before the first day of school. I think they look forward to it also.

In Nathan's he said that this year things would come together for him this year and that he would know the things he needed to do as he experienced new classes. In CJ's he blessed him that he would be able to make new friends and that he would enjoy his classes.

I am so grateful to have a priesthood holder in my home that can give us blessings when we need.

1 comment:

Jerlyn said...

What a great experience for the boys! I know priesthood blessings definitely help Hayden. Nathan and CJ, good luck in school... call me and tell me how it went!