BOM banner

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Brace Me Up

After months of waiting and having his expander in his mouth, Nathan finally got his braces yesterday. He surprised me by being excited to do it. Most kids dread it. I advised him to take some Tylonol before he went. His appointment was to be an hour and a half. I dropped him off and went back to work. He finally called me two hours later to come get him. His braces are red and white. Big surprise! He said later he was glad that he had taken the Tylonol.
Tonight he is having a really hard time. They put what they call a stopper in back of his bottom teeth to stop him from cutting the brace wires. He says that he can't chew. I had bought him soft food for the next couple of days, but he can't even do that. He was so frustrated that he was in tears tonight. I felt so bad. I told him that he was just going to have to get used to it. They are trying to completely realign his bottom jaw and expand the upper. I feel so bad, but there is nothing I can do about it. I will call the orthodontist in the morning though. Maybe they will have some suggestions.

No comments: