Sister Tanner doesn't like speaking much, but she did an amazing job. She spoke about the accident that they were in about 10 years ago. She shouldn't have made it. They had an accident where they were T-boned. The other car hit them on her side. She was in a coma for about a week. She is a miracle. She said she feels that one of the reasons that she was spared was because of her service on their mission. She talked about the importance of service.
President Tanner talked about how he felt in the temple, and how grateful they were to have been able to serve. He talked about the history of England and the time that we were there. Most of us were crying during their talks.
When the fireside was done we all gathered together and took pictures.
Here are the Tanner's with all the sister missionaries that showed up. We had about 40 different missionaries show at various times. The turnout wasn't as good as we hoped, but we were able to spend some one on one time with the Tanner's so it was okay. They were estatic with the turnout that we had.
I am really grateful that I was able to come. I had a great time and it was wonderful to see people that I served with. There will always be a bond when you serve the Lord. I am so grateful that I served a mission. It has been a foundation for the rest of my life. I feel that I received so much more than I gave. I can't wait for my sons to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment