BOM banner

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pirate Island Pizza

Just a warning: This post has a lot of pictures! After swimming we went out to lunch. About 6 months ago we had a new pizza place open in town. Pirate Island Pizza. I have been hearing rave reviews about it. I had not been. Adults are saying the food is great and the kids love the arcade. This is the front. Rather innocuous looking.
Inside the front doors. Looks pretty cool all ready.

It is a little hard to see, but this is a waterfall coming down off a stone cliff. We ate under this. The following are some of the dining areas. This place is huge compared to what it looks like outside.

The picture below is a huge Spanish Galleon at the end of the resturant. The loading area in the side of the ship is the door to the kitchen. It has a cannon on the top deck that shoots off every once in a while.
This is a skull. The arcade is in the mouth.
Here we are in the cave under the waterfall. It was just the right size.
They have a 24" pizza. That is what we ordered with 5 teenage boys. Half pepperoni and half ham and pineapple. They ate all but one piece. That was Nathan's. He ate one and was full. I had to give him a hard time. He was the oldest one there and all the other boys out ate him. They said it was really good. I ate a salad. I thought it was really reasonable.
CJ brought some of his birthday money and used it to buy tokens in the arcade for all of them. They played while the pizza was cooking and after they were done. Here they are turning in their tickets for their "Loot".

I asked them to pose for a picture with the hats, and didn't really think they would. Especially CJ. They didn't give me any grief. Amazing.

No comments: