BOM banner

Friday, July 27, 2012

Mall and Uno's

We had planned on getting up this morning and going to Portsmith to walk around and take pictures.  Both Chris' parents and his sister told us we didn't want to do that.  I guess it has become a bad area and it isn't safe.  There was another storm coming in and it was about 95% humidity.  Literally.

We decided to go walk around the mall to kill somvere time.  We went in and out of a few shops.  The guys found a t-shirt shop and each got one.  We had planned on going to the movie afterwards.  We missed the right showing for everything that we wanted to see.  There was a resturant there called Uno's Chicago Grill.  The guys were hungry and so we went in for lunch.

It was one of the best resturants we have been to in a long time.  It was a lot like an Applebee's with a salad bar.  We all had mix and match lunch specials.  Chris had Chicago style pizza that made him moan.  I had a salad that I felt the same way about.  He said I wasn't allowed to moan over a salad.  I replied "Watch me".  It was spring mix, with blueberries, walnuts, warm goatcheese and blueberry pomegrante dressing.  It was amazing.  I want to try making it at home.

Vicki and Paul came over from Stafford this afternoon.  Kristen and Dennis came over after work.  Kristen and I had planned on going out to take sunset pictures at the beach while everyone watched opening ceremonies.  Vicki decided to come with us.  We pulled up to the beach and it was barely starting to sprinkle.  The guy at the booth said it was the tail end and it shouldn't last very long.  By the time we parked the sky had opened up and there was a lot of lightning.  We waited about 20 minutes and then decided to go to Village Inn for pie and talk.

I got dinner, while the other two got pie.  We sat and talked for a couple of hours.  It was fun to sit and laugh and giggle.  The guys thought we were lost.  They were upset when we got back and we didn't bring them any pie.

No comments: