BOM banner

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Wedding Rings

I have such an awesome husband! He bought me a new wedding set tonight.

Now for the rest of the story. About a month ago my wedding rings disappeared. I have looked everywhere and they are not to be found.  I took them off for Cracker Barrell and put them with my clothes in the back of the car.  The car was locked and I brought the bag in when I came in that night.  I can't understand how they would have been stolen.  They are just gone. 

I waited a week before I even told Chris just hoping that the would show up. No such luck. Chris hasn't said one negative thing about them disappearing either. Maybe he could tell that if he had I would have bawled. I can't believe they are gone!

Tonight we were in the mall and walked by "The Wedding Ring Store". Chris steered me in.  I told him we couldn't afford it, but he wanted to look anyway.  They had a lot of beautiful rings. I wanted one with the engagement and wedding band interlocking. All the ones in the case had the wedding band as a roller under the engagement band.

Finally the guy went into an envelope on the counter and unwrapped a gorgeous ring that was interlocking just as I wanted. It was a marqee diamond with smaller marquee diamonds and sapphires on the side.

I told him that was it.  He called his manager and they talked for a while.  I wasn't sure why.  When he turned around he asked Chris what he was hoping to pay.  Chris named a price and this ring was almost double that.  I about dropped my jaw. 

They had just gotten it in. It is part of a new line and I was the first person to see it. He said that if I wanted a more tradtional setting that they would replace the sapphires with diamonds if we wanted to buy it today. On top of that they gave it to us for 60% off, and sodered it together underneath.  It will be ready Tuesday. This one is never coming off my hand again.

No comments: