BOM banner

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Travelling to VA

5:56 AM We are sitting here waiting for the shuttle at JFK to take us to our terminal.  It is a big airport.  We had a bit of running around to do.  When they printed our tickets in Vegas they didn't print the second leg.  We had to run around to a couple of ticket desk and interupt agents to try and get them.  The shuttle desk couldn't do it.  We had to have them to go to the new terminal. 

The guys all got first class from LAS to JFK.  Boy were they happy campers.  They all had leg room.  I sat back in business.  Chris started to protest, but I told him I was fine.  I'm a lot smaller and they would be a lot more comfortable for the long flight.

Got right on both flights.  Not any problems.  You never know what is going to happen when you fly standby.  Chris and the boys were saying how much they liked first class.  They didn't realize what a financial upgrade it was verses coach.  I priced it out for them and it would be $586 coach, $685 business and $1016.60 for first.   This is per person.  There were a couple of people on the flight that were trying to move up into business before we left because there were quite a few empty seats.  The stewardess told them that it was an upgrade and they couldn't do it.  They weren't happy, but I understand why.  Standby has it's problems but we just saved $3,734.80 for just one way.  We would never be able to fly if we had to pay for it.  We just don't have that kind of money.

9:51 AM Here we are at IHOP for breakfast.  We are all starving, since we haven't eaten since dinner last night.

Chris got a really good deal on our rental car.  We ended up with an SUV at the same price as the economy.  The guy gave us a couple on top of each other!  Yes.

No comments: