BOM banner

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Traditions

I love Christmas traditions.  Several of ours surround Christmas Eve.  The first one drives Chris crazy, but it is hard not to do for some reason.  That is me waiting until the last minute to wrap the gifts.  I'm usually buying and working on Christmas until then.  They always get done.  It is kind of cool to have a bare tree and then on Christmas Eve day they all suddenly appear.  This year it didn't take long.  The boys are getting to the age that it is quality over quantity. 

For dinner we go out for Chinese.  I don't have to cook and we enjoy getting out.  It came about 5 or 6 years ago when I was pressing the guys for a traditional Christmas Eve meal and they wouldn't commit.  I finally said, "Well, we should just go for Chinese."


A list of our fortunes from dinner:
Mom- Something wonderful is about to happen to you.
Nathan- On Friday your creative side will shine forth with exceptional ideas.
Dad-  blonde from afar has something interesting for you.
CJ- You will soon be singled out for  promotion. Congrats!

After dinner we go drive around town and see the Christmas lights.  There is one house in Bloomington Hills that is always decked out to the nines.  It is our favorite in town. 

After the lights we come home and get into our new matching Christmas jammies and read the Christmas story from the scriptures.  Our gifts to the Savior this year are:
Dad- More time doing the Savior's work
Mom- More trust and faith
Nathan- Spend more time with the scriptures
CJ- Pray more often

No comments: