Years ago when the boys were small I had a friend that told me that boys between 14 and 18 had no brain. They may be very intelligent, but they have no brain cells, because hormones take over.
As my boys have gotten older I have come to understand this very well. A prime example of this just happened with Nathan. Last night I went shopping and got our Christmas ham. Each year we get a voucher for a Thanksgiving turkey or ham. I didn't use it since we were in Arizona and so I used it last night. I got a 12lb ham for .34 cents. I had to pay the tax. When I got home it was pouring. I brought all of the bags in at once. Nathan was right there when I came home and asked if he could help. I gave him the ham and one other bag for the kitchen and asked him to put them away. Didn't think anything more about it.
This morning CJ and I went into the kitchen. I was starting the boys lunches and CJ went to get milk out of the fridge. He asked, "Mom, is there a reason the ham is on the floor and not in the fridge?" I couldn't believe it. He didn't put it away last night. I went in and said to Nathan in the living room "Really, Nathan, on the floor?" His response was silence. No defense.
I guess I am going to go get another ham and pay for it. ARGGG.
No comments:
Post a Comment