I am really bummed right now. I just came from seeing the orthopedist for a follow up appointment. I am still limping and can't stand on if for too long. For example the mall Thanksgiving weekend. He said that it looks like the surgery didn't work. I shouldn't be in pain and limping. Now we are just looking at treating the arthritis. They really can't do anything else. Eventually I will have to have my knee replaced. Not the news that I wanted to hear. I've basically gone through the last three months for nothing.
He also released me for work. Not sure how that is going to happen at this point. I did talk him into physical therapy for the limp. I am not going to limp for the rest of my life! We are going to try it for a month and see how it goes.
He says that the injury is right at the end of the extension of my knee. The nerves in my knee are sending messages to my brain that it hurts and to not do that. That is why I am limping. I can't fully straighten without pain. He recommened a cortisone shot. I've had those in my feet. They hurt more than you can believe. The thought of doing one in my knee at this point makes my stomach flip. He said they are not as bad as the ones in the feet. Not sure I believe that. I told him I would think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment