The boys had an overnighter up on the mountain so I was on my own tonight. I worked late, grabbed a bite to eat and then went Christmas shopping. On my way home I decided to get a piece of pie at Cracker Barrell and see if I could talk to my GM. Everyone works the holidays and I wanted to see if I was on the schedule.
I wasn't on the schedule. He wasn't sure when I was coming back. He got the work release, but he says those are just for the insurance company. He was waiting to hear from me. I learned something new about CB policy tonight. He said he knew since he hadn't heard from me that it was serious. (No one passed along my messages!) CB policy is that when a worker's comp claim hits $10,000 they are not allowed to contact the employee for any reason. (liability issues). He said mine capped that at 3 weeks. I updated him on what was going on. He had no idea.
He did say that everyone gives Racail, the girl who tripped me a hard time. They keep telling her not to break anyone else. I feel bad that they are teasing her so much.
I'm going to try and work a short shift on Christmas Eve. After walking around all day after my shot I think I will be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment