BOM banner

Friday, December 14, 2012

Cortisone Shot

I broke down and did it.  I got a cortisone shot in my knee today.  After talking to the doctor last Monday I started really paying attention to the way I was walking and why I was limping.  He was right.  It was right.  The full extension was where the pain was. 

I was trying to work harder in physical therapy my pain level had gone up.  I realized that no matter what I did, if I didn't get rid of the pain the physical therapy wasn't going to do me any good.  I have to learn to walk without the limp. 

I have to say that the shot wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  It stung, but not near the pain level of the one in the feet.  It started working almost immediately.  I walked out of the office building without limping!  It feels a little stiff, but he said it would for a couple of days while the shot disperses into the knee.  That I can put up with.  Modern medicine is amazing!

No comments: