We got up and left Phoenix about 6am this morning. I was very grateful that I could share the driving with Nathan. I got about 2 hours of sleep. I had one of those nights that I couldn't go to sleep no matter what I tried. I had told my aunt Ginny that we would stop by before they went to church at 11:00.
Aunt Ginny called me about a week ago and asked me so send genealogy information on mom's line and pictures. All year she has been working on family history books for all of her kids. They are all going to be together for Christmas this year. She has invited Scott and Shelly and she wanted to give them a book also. I wanted to stop by and see what she had. It was really cool. I gave her a little more information about the military service on mom's line for the book too. We visited for a few minutes and then left.
Drove over to Scott and Shelly's and spent about half an hour catching up with them too. Shelly has just had another back surgery. They told us the doctor messed up the first one. Hopefully, with this surgery the new doctor has her fixed. It was good to see them again. It is so hard to catch up with each other with different schedules.
We went to Cracker Barrell for lunch and then headed home. It was good to be home. Shadow was nuts of course. It is nice to know someone misses you when you are gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment