BOM banner

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Trip to Arizona

I had to work half a day. We had a double payroll week and I had to get all my garnishment coupons done before I left. We were aiming to leave about noon. It ended up being a little after 1:00 by the time I got home. The car wasn't packed either. We threw things in the car and got on the road.

I love having another driver. Nathan and I split the driving into segments. He did St George to just outside of Vegas, I did Vegas to Kingman, he drove to Wickenburg and then I finished driving into Phoenix. It was nice since those all all about 2 hour segments. I do city and he does the long stretches.

We had another real close call by the I-15 interchange that you have to come off and get on I-93. I got off of the exit okay but within half a mile had a very close call. Thank goodness for prayers of safety before we left. Nathan wanted to change the radio from fm to am. I glanced down for a second to show him which button it was. When you do that the natural instinct is to slow a bit. That it what saved us. My eyes were down for about 10 seconds. When I looked up out of the corner of my left eye I saw a car coming from two lanes over. He came in front of us to hit the exit that we were passing. He barely made it. He also came within inches if clipping the front of the car. Nathan and I just glanced at each other and turned white. A little red sports car not being very smart.

Mom told us to take another way into Phoenix. We normally take the 303 about 20 miles out of Wickenburg. We ended up taking the 75 around Pleasant Lake. It actually was a really good alternative. It didn't have the stop lights that the 303 does. We got to moms about 9:30. We made pretty good time.

No comments: