Mom and I got up early this morning and went to Walmart to pick up a few things we needed. When we got home she went out to pick up Logan and Victoria. I had a project for Jer that I wanted to finish before I went out. I was about half an hour behind her.
When I got there the kids had just finished breakfast and were just hanging out. Jer told me how amazing she thought my boys were. She said that the three younger cousins had been all over them, hanging, pulling, wrestling the whole time. She said they were probably exhausted. She said that she was amazed at how patient they were. She said they never once raised their voice or lost their patience with them. She asked me how I taught them that. I told her I was just lucky. Both of my boys are great with kids. She said that she wants Hayden to be like that. She told them that they had no idea how much those younger cousins looked up to them.
She told us that last year when Nathan was in town, Hayden had showed him a picture that he had drawn. Nathan had complimented it and Hayden thought that was really neat. He began taking art lessons and has found how much he enjoys it. Hayden comments all the time he wonders if Nathan would like a picture that he has done, or if he would do something a certain way. It has made a big difference in his life.
Jerlyn told both of the boys that there was no pressure, but she was counting on them to go on their missions for the example for Hayden. :) I'm glad that she talked to them about their influence. I tell them all the time that they never know who is watching. We have to live our testimonies.
It was great to sit and visit with Tom and Jer for several hours and catch up on life. I love living in Saint George, but I do miss spending time with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment