BOM banner

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chili Cook Off

SkyWest is a big fund raiser for cancer.  All through the month of October there are various fund raisers.  This year for the first time they decided to have a chili cook off on Halloween.

We had a great response from all of those in headquarters.  We ended up getting 12 entries.  I entered a turkey chili that I love.  I didn't place, but it was a lot of fun.  It was $2 for a bowl and cornbread or $1 for a taste of all of them.  Most people paid $3.  They tasted all of them, then when they found their favorite they had a bowl of that.
                           
I didn't win, but I made a good showing.  My large crockpot was full to the brim and I only brought about 1/4 of it home.  Not too bad.  All for a good cause.

No comments: