I called the boys up and explained that I wanted to try something new. They were by instinct very wary. I explained that I wanted to go to a Vietnamese resturant and try Pho. Then I explained what it was. I reasoned that they like Ramen, so they should like this. It is basically a noodle soup with really really good broth and fresh. Amazingly they both decided that they would come without too much muscle. I wonder if them not getting dinner had anything to do with it?
When we got there we sat and ordered drinks. Then came the hard part of deciding what we wanted. There were about 15 different options with different kinds of meat and combinations of meat. CJ and I finally decided on beef and Nathan had chicken.
When they came out, to say that the bowls were huge would have been an understatement. That is a 24 oz cup that bowl is standing next to.
They also brought out the small tray of fresh bean sprouts, fresh basil, and a lime wedge to season or add to your soup as desired.
I added a few bean sprouts and the boys both added a bit of basil. We all really enjoyed it. We used a combination of our spoons and chop sticks for the noodles. I was pleasently surprised that the boys liked it as much as they did. We all were stuffed when done. I was able to finish mine. CJ ate about 3/4 of his and Nathan about 1/2.
Nathan said he wouldn't want it all the time, but he liked it. I feel like a good parent tonight. I told them it was good practice for their missions. They don't know what they are going to have to eat. If they try it, they may like it.

No comments:
Post a Comment