In the first session of Conference today President Monson announced a major change for prospective missionaries of the church.
Effective immediately the young men who are worthy and have graduated from high school or the equivalent are now eligible to go out at 18. Also, even bigger they also lowered the age for young women to 19. This is huge!
Nathan and CJ were watching downstairs. We called them up and asked Nathan what he thought and he asked about what. Evidently not really listening. When we told him what he missed he just said "Wow".
It actually won't effect Nathan as Much as CJ. Nath turns 18 the beginning of his senior year. He is one of the oldest ones in his class. He will have to wait until he graduated in May. That is only a difference in 4 months earlier. CJ on the other hand will graduate and then turn 18 the following month.
They said at the press conference that one of the reasons the first presidency started looking at this is the need for more missionaries. There are missionaries from 48 countries now that go at 18 because of mandatory military service. They were asked how much of an increase this will promote and the answer was they just don't know. It isn't mandatory, just an option. They said that there will be some who still chose to wait.
As I heard this announcement from our prophet I felt the spirit so strongly. I began to cry. I know that this is the Lords plan. I am so grateful for a living prophet here on the earth. I am grateful for conference and the blessing of being able to listen to the prophet and living apostles give us direction for our lives. I have learned as I strive to follow the whisperings of the spirit telling me the things I can improve on my life becomes better. I am striving to be like my Father in Heaven and the Savior.
I will give a review of some of my favorite talks in some of the following posts.
1 comment:
Great inspiring post.
Post a Comment