BOM banner

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Flu Shot

Every year for the last 5 or 6 years I have gotten a flu shot since I have really lousy lungs.  I have never had a reaction.  I got my shot Friday at lunch.  Friday night I was up all night coughing.  I woke up yesterday morning and had lost my voice, had the headache, body aches, chills and generally felt lousy. 

I got up and made Chris a shopping list and then went back to bed.  I slept all day.  Ate a light dinner and went back to bed.  I slept almost 24 hours.  I have felt better today.  I have most of my voice back.   I still have the headache.  I have stayed in bed all day.  I have to go back to work tomorrow whether I feel better or not.  I have no time off left. 

Chris asked me how I did it.  I always seem to get sick on the weekend.  He said that as a bad thing.  I think it is a blessing.  I can't miss work, and this way I didn't have to worry about it.  Heavenly Father is watching out for me.

No comments: