BOM banner

Monday, October 29, 2012

Mobility At Work

Being on crutches in a large building has been a challenge.  It is really hard to carry any thing in my hands.  I need them.  Linda, one of the ladies I work with, pulled a walker out of the basement for me.  It has a seat in it.  I have been using that anytime I need to carry anything or go to lunch. 

Since it is a walker, the manuverability is backwards.  I have to backup everywhere.  It is quite amusing.  I have not run in to anyone, but several people have told me that I ought to have a beeper.  I had to have a picture for posterity.

I have been very grateful for those who open doors and for an elevator.  Thank goodness my 6 weeks are almost up.  Crutches are a real trial, but at least I am mobile.

No comments: