BOM banner

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Grandmother Clock

Ever since I was in high school I have wanted a grandfather clock.  Knowing how expensive they are I decided that the next best thing would be a grandmother clock.  About a year ago, mom found one at a yard sale for me.  She brought it up and said that it might need work, but it ran.

It has been sitting in my dining room since then waiting to be put up on the wall.  She and I decided to hang it today.  I love it.  It is keeping the correct time, but the chimes are about 4 hours off.  At 8:00 it rang 4. 

We have a new clock repair shop in town.  I will call them Monday and hope they can give me an estimate.  It has three holes for winding.  Mom said one of them was really tight.  Maybe that is the one for the chimes.  Hopefully it won't be too much. 

No comments: